Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Insaney-miscellany

I'm a pretty well-ordered person, and my web bookmarks reflect my tenacious obsession with over-categorizing stuff. But I do have one magical bookmark folder cleverly named "Miscellaneous." (You'd think somebody with my creative bint woulda' called it something like "Lint in my Pocket.") Wanna see some of the lint? Here are three of the folder's contents:

1. Mmmm. Nice Tea. Nice Cup of Tea and a Sit Down is a clever little site put together by Nicey and Wifey (can't remember the real names of this husband-and-wife team), whose mission statement reads:

"Well I think we should all sit down and have a nice cup of tea, and some biscuits, nice ones mind you. Oh and some cake would be nice as well. Lovely."

Who could argue with that? Anyway, very cleverly written - from info/opinions on teas, biscuits (cookies), spoons, cups, all-things-tea-related - and a joy to read. Get thee to a cuppa!

2. Playbill.com. Hey, you knew I was a Broadway fan when ya' married me. Read it everyday and live vicariously through New Yorkers who can just pop in to see a play anytime they damn well please. Aaargh! My only consolation is that I could never afford to attend the theatre as much as I'd like and would soon be a Broadway bag lady. Sigh.

3. Heifer International Gift Catalog. What? You've never given anyone a flock of geese or cow for a present? Instead of giving Uncle Seymour and Aunt Chlotilde another crappy tie or back-scratcher when the occasion arises, help someone out in their honor. You will be forever very, very cool. And a good person.

OK, that's it for da' day. Have a good supper, good night's sleep - see ya' tomorrow.

No comments: