Saturday, November 26, 2005

Blog-tweaking

Still lazy. Still not working on my book (the one I'm writing, not the two I'm reading - those I am working on!). Still picking at left-over turkey.

Thought I'd fiddle with my blog for a bit. I purged my Blogroll list of a few links that I no longer use, or that haven't published in a while, or that have pissed me off in some way. Hey! This ain't a democracy - SPJs is full-out Supreme Ruler of her blog universe.

I'm scouting around for a new blog-skin. I'm terrified to try out a new one - scared I'll lose everything (and then what would you poor souls do, hmm?). I've been too busy to create something new and am afraid it'll turn out to be a process not unlike setting up a new computer - sucking out precious time out of all proportion. I know there are blogskin sites but I can't make heads nor tails of 'em - jump right in if you've gone through this process and can explain it to me. Anyway, I know I need to spiff up my site, but it makes me tired to think of plodding through creating something fabulous right now.

Even the newspapers have been boring the last couple of days, giving me little blog-fodder to spread amongst you. But lookie here. I did find something of interest: New York Times 100 Notable Books of the Year. There's still time to say to hell with re-designing my blog and rush out to a bookstore to stock up on notables. Those little wheels in my head are turning as I type.

Mo' later. Enjoy Saturday!

No comments: