Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Morning rant: Get these scratchy labels outta my clothes!

First let me say that I look adorable today. Very Sally Rogers-1960s-comedy-writer in my single-pleated tweedy skirt, black sweater, and sling-backs.

But, damn, if I haven't clawed the back of my neck until it's raw because of the scratchy sweater label. Why don't I just cut the damn things out as soon as I buy an article of clothing? I'll never learn. T-shirts, sweaters, underwear - stiff labels sewn on with scratchy plastic thread. What are these clothes-folks thinking? Can't manufacturers just print the label info on the inside (like they've started doing for men's underwear, and some women's underwear)? Aaarrrggh!

'scuse me while I run to the restroom and cut the label outta this (precious) sweater before I draw blood from all the scratching.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sick and tired of having an itch at the back of my waist from my Jockey shorts.

About 8 women around a table at the club were talking about what? The time it takes to remove labels off of their own and their spouses garments. Who do we complain to?