Friday, November 18, 2005

Whistle's blowing early, Dears

Dahlings. Big theatre fund-raiser tonight, and I need several hours to make myself presentable. Till I return from my silent-auction-bidding stupor, hunt down some of the Thanksgiving movies and let me know what you think.

For my non-Thanksgiving-celebrating (Thanksgiving-non-celebrating?) British friends, PT of Now What Happens? sent a smart-ass comment that I'd left off the perennial British Thanksgiving movie favorite (or favourite): "The Thursday We All Went to Work as Usual." Ha and ha - banging two turkey legs together to show my Henry VIII-style approval! (Go forth and produce this film, PT, and I'll add it to my list for next year.)

Now, Tallulah and I must be off (and you can take that any way ya' want).

3 comments:

petercmoore said...

Hey, I object to the word "smart-ass". It should be "smart-arse", of course!

Feel free to use the terms "facetious", "clever-dick" and "smug", when referring to my posts. :-)

MaryB said...

I stand corrected, smart arse! Thanks for the arsenal of name-calling ideas.

Still think you should consider making the next (anti-)Thanksgiving film - field's wide open for a Brit take on Turkey Day.

petercmoore said...

Yes, I'll mull it over.

It's interesting that in November:

1) Americans celebrate getting on with their fellow man by having a slap-up dinner with their friends (Thanksgiving).

2) Brits celebrate a defeated act of terrorism 400 years ago by burning effigies of Catholics and letting fireworks off for about a week (Guy Fawkes Night).

And we (here) think that America has a violent society... Ho hum!