Sunday, March 19, 2006

Goin' coastal

Mississippi Gulf Coastal, that is. I'm heading down there for a week to help with the clean-up and relief effort. Hurricane Katrina completely devastated the area, and after almost seven months there's still a lot of work to do. I'm excited about diggin' in and getting my hands dirty, just to lend support however I can. Also, I think it's important to see it for myself, be a witness to what happened there.

Don't know how much I'll be able to blog throughout the week. I hear there are internet connections at the school gym in which we'll be sleeping (with 200 of our new best friends), so I hope to get out some Shorty news. First priority will be the group blog Gone Coastal, so check it out if you're so inclined.

No news yet on the job front. I'm glad I'll be out-of-pocket for a week so that I won't be thinking about it so much.

Take care of the rest of the world while I'm gone. When I get back we'll have a spirited discussion about South Park vs. Scientology. Yikes!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Have a fulfilling trip, Mary. (200 new best friends! - wow!)

Missing you already.