Monday, April 03, 2006

Carless in Atlanta

Sold the car this weekend. The money will help with the required millions needed upfront to rent an apartment in NY. Living without a car in Atlanta is interesting, though I'm used to taking the transit system here to and from work and the airport. Works if you're coming and going somewhere close to one of the few stations but is otherwise useless. But since I won't be in Atlanta much this month before bidding adieu, I figured I could survive it.

I travel to New York this evening for four days of signing my paperwork at the Episcopal Church Center, meeting the staff, and begging door to door for an apartment. It's a very short timeline, so I'm under a wee big of stress. Once I find a place to live (and find a renter for my house in Atlanta), a huge load will be off my shoulders and I can fully concentrate on the job.

But if you see me thumbing to the grocery store in Atlanta, give me a lift, will ya'?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the apartment. You probably don't need it; things have a way of working out. Now get some sleep today (posting at 3:28 am?), have a safe trip, and take a great big bite of the Big Apple!

Joy Des Jardins said...

Mary, I so admire you handling all this. I can't imagine doing anything like this at this stage in my life. I hope all the pieces come together for you. I know it will. One of my daughters lived in NY for several years....yes, it's expensive, but it's also bustling and exciting. Good luck with everything.

Anonymous said...

Being carless in Nashville would be called "stranded". Looking forward to hearing all about your $10K per month penthouse suite...