Friday, April 14, 2006

A Good Friday, in every sense of the word

Nailed the apartment. Subletting from a couple originally from South Carolina. Unbeatable location on E. 88th - couple of blocks from Central Park and Guggenheim Museum, great neighborhood, easy walk to subway.

I'll need to rearrange the furniture, plus bring some of my own up to make it more mine. The plan is to rent here for several months (or more) until I find an unfurnished place. It's an ideal stop-gap measure, and it works perfectly for my new "landlords," as well. A win all the way around.

So, a place to rest my head. Whew!

Good Friday. (And Happy Easter.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome to new york mary! we've got plenty of room -- though it may not seem like it when you are standing on the 4/5/6 platform at 9a. i'm your neighbor and a long-time pal of john and sammy. my name is jim and i'm on 84th and lex/third. i think you'll like the area ("yorkville") and if you'd like to have a guided tour, just say the word. WELCOME

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Things really do have a way of working out. I hope NYC is an exciting adventure for you. God bless you and your work, Mary. Happy Easter!

Liz Hinds said...

Great news, Mary. A burden lifted. Now there's just the packing, house-renting, goodbye partying etc etc to do!

New York is so exciting!

Anonymous said...

Whoopee! Happy fer ya... Have a good weekend!

MaryB said...

Thanks, all! All of you who live in and around NYC, you bet I'll be getting in touch with you!