Monday, April 24, 2006

Movin' on up to the East Side

Here's some cool stuff. A couple of famous neighbors in my new 'hood. Seems Holly Golightly's apartment is at 169 E. 71st Street. Moon River, wider than a mile . . .

And I'm in the shadow (literally) of The Jeffersons' famous "de-luxe apartment in the sky" at 185 E. 85th Street. I wondered what that big ugly high-rise was that blocks out a lot of my sky! Fortunately, I can only see the top of it, as it's a couple of blocks away.

So, I'm moving on up to the East Side. Will I be ready to leave by Saturday morning? The race is on.

Thanks to nephews Matt and Mike and daughter Kate, a goodly portion of the furniture was shifted to a nearby storage unit Saturday. But there's so much more to go! Seems the more boxes I pack, the more stuff remains unpacked. I spend much of my time being overwhelmed. I keep trying to use the "bird by bird" method, but often one bird can't get packed until another bird is (which can't be packed until another bird is . . . ).

Lack of time and money are putting a crimp in everything. I just can't gather enough boxes into which to throw things (and things do mount up after 13 years). Yes, it would be a perfect time to cull through and toss out, but I just don't have the time. So everything's (well, most things) are being stuffed into boxes as fast as I can get the boxes.

Plus, I'm working full-time this week at the architecture firm, being treated to a series of farewell lunches and dinners, and - can you believe it? - finally giving the damn deposition re: the long-past auto accident. Can we get 48-hour/day this week, please?

No comments: