Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Shakin' it off

Damn, I hate making stupid mistakes. Like putting the wrong phone numbers on a "fact sheet." So now it's a "not-in-your-wildest-dreams fact sheet." Of course, the mistake wasn't found until it hit the fourth set of eyes to review the piece, but that doesn't make me feel better.

Had it happened early in the day, I could've recovered by doing something adorable or factually fabulous. But no. It was pointed out to me at the end of the day, leaving me no alternative but to beat myself up all the way home and even well into my walk with Bailey to Central Park.

Don't worry, though, because I've shaken it off already. Food helps ya' do that, you know. I could've probably shaken it off sooner if I hadn't left a perfectly good bottle of Bombay Sapphire in my fridge in Atlanta. (Remind me to bring that back when I go home this weekend . . . )

Anyway, and to quote another perky Georgia girl, tomorrow is another day. For now, I'll put on my go-go boots and finish shakin' it off!

2 comments:

Liz Hinds said...

My boss is also my friend - and she's a very good friend - but she does have the habit of taking work home with her (in fact she is never without it). So we can be at a party and she'll say, 'by the way, do you know you put an extra number in the phone number on the notice sheet?'

So i spend the rest of the party kicking myself - and her!

Hope you've well and truly shaken it off now. Today is indeed an another day to be brilliant and sparky.

Chris said...

A similar problem to the one I had just yesterday - spending a good 5 minutes searching the yogurt shelves in Sainsburys for a particular brand (Activa, very good and seems to do what the adverts say!); can't see any; spending another 5 minutes tracking down an assistant, who didn't particulary want to assist, to ask whether ot not they still stocked it; being marched smugly back to the shelves only to be confronted with a whole section full of them. Made me feel stupid for the rest of the day.