Friday, May 12, 2006

So here's what's happened so far . . .

Yea! Finally got my computer up and running and can share a little pictorial rundown of the last couple of weeks. One thing that's obvious - outside of work, my life revolves around Central Park. (Thanks, Bailey!).

Early morning shot of the Upper West Side across the reservoir (the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir, btw). Always lovely.

Here's the "Faces Building." Well, that's what I call it. It fascinates me for some reason - I expect those things to come alive, a la Alice in Wonderland, and start shouting "Off with their heads!" I'll try to find out more about it. It's on 5th Avenue (Upper East Side), and I seem to pay more attention to it in the evenings (LBG - "Lighting By God" - perhaps?).

And speaking of Alice in Wonderland . . .

That's all for now. Go out and have some fun! Me? I'm going to put my feet up - I'm pooped!

3 comments:

Chris said...

What great pictures, what a great building! Makes me want to visit New York just to see it. (But you'll have to draw up my itinerary, Mary, so that I don't miss anything else.)

Joy Des Jardins said...

Wonderful pictures Mary. I've been to New York a few times when one of my daughter's lived there. What an amazing place. So much to do, so much to see. I hope you're settling in and becoming comfortable with it all...it sure looks like you are. May you have a beautiful Mother's Day.

MaryB said...

Thanks, all! Chris - ready when you are, chica. Mi studio-casa, es su studio-casa! Tamar - yes, you do know what I'm going through since you did the same a year or so ago. Philadelphia is high on my list, since I've only been there once very briefly on business. And Joy, thanks for the Mother's Day wishes - and congrats on Bastian!