Monday, July 17, 2006

We're havin' a heat wave . . .

A tropical heat wave.

How are you staying cool? Is it what you put in your body? Or on/off your body? Is it mind over matter?

Here's one thing I do: pretend it's Christmas. That's right. Close the blinds, crank up the air-conditioner, light the cinnamon candles, whip up some cocoa, and shove White Christmas, A Christmas Carol (any iteration - you know me), Rudolph - whatever - into the DVD player. No presents or parties involved - just you and snow and Bing and cinnamon. Brrr!

Now you. Seems it's hot all over, and we need all the suggestions we can get.

Just hear those sleigh bells jing-a-ling . . .

4 comments:

Joy Des Jardins said...

Hot, hot, hot here in Illinois too Mary. No special suggestions. I love tea, but wouldn't have thought that HOT tea would cool you down as Tamar mentions. My air conditioner has been going pretty non-stop. Stay cool dear lady....

Anonymous said...

Lights out. A/C full on. Drapes and blinds closed. Clothes off. Lots of water. Lots...

102 in Nashville yesterday and not a breeze of any kind. Stifling...

MaryB said...

Tamar, my English "mother" always does that - hot tea to cool you off. I can't get it to work for me, though. I do drink hot tea all day long (in an air-conditioned environment) since I'm not a coffee drinker. But, whether if works for me or not, I know that what you say does work for a lot of people. Love the Africa connection!

Joy and Winston - yeah, can't wait to get that power bill at the end of the month, eh? I'm still waiting for a power overload here in NY -

Joy Des Jardins said...

Oh yeah, the power bill....GULP! Guess I'll try more hot tea.