Sunday, August 06, 2006

The Other Park

My street ends on the west side at 5th Avenue and Central Park. On the east it ends at Carl Schurz Park and Gracie Mansion (theoretically, the mayor's house - but not Bloomberg; he's too rich and has better digs elsewhere). The weather was gorgeous today - breezy, even - so Bails and I headed for the East River and Schurz. Plum lovely.

East River and the river walk. That's Roosevelt Island
on the left. Did you see the film Dark Water (US version)? Yikes!

Shady walkway that leads to Gracie Mansion.

Schurz Park is one of the few parks near me with dog runs
(where dogs are allowed off-leash). Here's the area for
small dogs. The best free show in town!

2 comments:

chux said...

just done a peruse through your recent updates. You just find so many interesting things within your environment. I wonder if it is a case of your environment actually being interesting, or is it that you have a curious and interesting take on what is normal to everyone else?

Thank you so much for your thoughts and comments recently. I'm 'functional' again it seems at the moment. I do miss the old girl tho! (if she heard me, my mum would whoop by bum for that comment - haha )

xx thanks again !

MaryB said...

You're welcome, Chux. Glad to see you're slowly emerging after your old sad time. It takes some getting used to, I'll tell you - not having your mama around anymore. I still find it hard to believe that mine won't ring me up or walk through the door.

Welcome back!