Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Hey! This ain't my station!

As I rounded the corner of 115th and Lex this morning, I ran right smack into a film crew shooting an action scene. I knew enough about film production (having been a producer for 22 years) to stay out of camera range as I worked my way over to the 116th subway stop.

Imagine my surprise to find that the #6 116th Street station had magically turned into "75 Avenue Queens & Brooklyn." Queens and Brooklyn? Sheesh!

Disregarding the weird movie sign, I descended the stairs into the station and went on my merry way. To neither Queens nor Brooklyn.

3 comments:

Big Bro said...

Weren't you afraid you might have ended up in, you know,
WILLOUGHBY?

Joy Des Jardins said...

It's always cool to catch a glimpse of someone shooting a movie scene. I imagine that happens often in the Big Apple. It does here in Chitown too...even in the suburbs where I am.

At least you got what was going on. I bet there were a few who were totally confused by it.

MaryB said...

You know, Bro, I never gave it a second thought. Hey, maybe I DID end up in Willoughby . . . (insert "Twilight Zone" music here).

Joy, I wish I'd had more time to find out what was being shot and if any famous people were around, but, hey - I was on my way to work! ;-)