Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Turkey Day Countdown

The house is clean and "fluffed."

Tablecloths and napkins are pressed.

We've decorated inside and out.

Placecards are ready and waiting.

China plates are squeaky clean. (Yes, they made it down from New York with 'nary a chip.)

The turkey is prepped and chilling safely in the fridge until I'm ready to bung it into the oven tomorrow morning.

The cornbread dressing is as complete as it can be until the turkey drippings can be poured on.

A casserole or two await final warm-up.

Family and friends have checked in to confirm what they're bringing to to the meal.

So, I'm going to call it a day. (How about Thanksgiving Eve?) Enjoy the 3 F's tomorrow: Family, Friends, and Feast. Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Elsie said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Mary.

MaryB said...

Thanks, Elsie. And after reading Winston's blog, I've remembered one more Thanksgiving "F" - football!

Anonymous said...

After your 4 F's and my additional one, I'm ready to add a 6th, which is Finished.

Liz Hinds said...

I hope, and I'm sure, it was all wonderful.