Friday, November 30, 2007

A week's work well done

Man, who'd have believed that someone still riding a turkey-and-martini high could spend the week slaying dragons? Not only slaying dragons, but writing, marketing, budgeting, and printing all the news that's fit to print about all those dragons slayed? Slew?

I dragged myself to work on Monday knowing I faced some huge deadlines, many of which required some kind of creative spirit on my part. I honestly didn't know if I could pull it off, but, boy, something spurred me on (um, a paycheck?), and I was little Miss Writer Chick-Design Approver-Order Placer- Smooth Operator all week.

And in between the projects foreseen, other demands kept cropping up - writing an obituary for a dear missionary who died on Tuesday, cajoling a dynamic, inspiring woman to speak at a conference next summer, re-writing a section of copy that - although ready for the printer - additional information came my way.

Add to that mix budget tensions as we approach the year-end closing, a couple of lunch appointments that proved quite beneficial for the old resume, and updating two websites at work - and, well, I think I earned my pay-packet this week.

Oh, and I was just sweet as pie. Didn't jump down anyone's throat or get into a pissing match with someone hell-bent on derailing my kick-butt-train. No. Just sweet as pie. Honest.

Maybe a turkey-and-martini diet works for me, eh?

4 comments:

Elsie said...

Enjoy the weekend. You deserve it.

Joy Des Jardins said...

Seems you ran pretty well after your Turkey day Mary. I don't think anyone's surprised....but you. Now just kick back and enjoy this weekend sweetie....

MaryB said...

Elsie - I'm thoroughly enjoying my weekend, thank you! And now - the snow . . .

Joy - You are too kind! And I hope you're having fun with your new car, girl (in the snow . . . )

Liz Hinds said...

It sounds ike it did, mary! What a week you had.