Monday, June 23, 2008

Bye-Bye, Carlin

Has June 2008 not been the deadliest month for celebrities in recent memory? (I'll add Harvey Korman to the mix, though he missed the cut by leaving us May 29.) Friend JC Burns posted about this the other day. And now, George Carlin.

I posted about Carlin in November 2005, so I'll leave that as my tribute since it links to two good articles about Carlin.

“Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that ...” - George Carlin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too have posted about Carlin in the past. I grew up listening to him, learning the 7 words, and coming to respect him as one of the truly innovative and brilliant dudes of our time. His interpretations of ordinary day-to-day "stuff" through the eyes of a mad-man will be missed.